EAMD INTERNATIONAL has a separate department dedicated to Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) projects that aims to kickstart, improve or enhance an organization's ESG.
ESG on its own is a very broad subject that involves more than the common principle of taking care of the environment, it also considers an organization's good practices in social and governance principles. ESG is therefore, to an extent, open to interpretation depending on which particular frameworks are followed. In general, ESG has 3-4 core principles with multiple subcategories such as
- GHG Emissions
- Carbon footprint
- GHG intensity
- Energy consumption
- Water consumption
- Waste generation
- Reduce, reuse and recycle
- Hazardous waste
- Sustainable procurement
- Climate change strategy
- Adjustment to gender paygap
- Gender diversity
- Social dialogue
- Human rights
- Diversity, discrimination & harassment
- Employee health and safety
- Child labour
- Equal opportunity
- Anti bribery
- Anticompetetive practices
- Responsible information management
- Business ethics
- Shareholder democracy
- Determine the most suitable ESG rating system for you.
- Get your ESG rating started
- Include the minimum requirements for ESG rating
- Break down your ESG rating
- Implement new ESG related practices / standards
- Implement new ESG supported standards
- Breakdown your ESG catagories
- Focus on lowest score
- Develope improvement plan on lowest ESG rating
Further enhancements to overall ESG can be found in infrastructure, whether you are a building owner or an occupant, there are always enhancements to be found in the built environment.
Environmentally, Sustainable Design (ESD) is the building design philosophy that focusses on:
With these key design elements, ESD can help building or property owners and tenants alike to save on energy, water, carbon and waste, design a more social and healthier workplace for its occupants and improve their impact on the surrounding environment.
With ESD, building owners, developers and tenants can achieve green rating certifications such as Green Mark and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED).
EAMD INTERNATIONAL is a U.S. Green Building Council member and has Green Mark Accredited Professionals to help you with your ESD.
EAMD INTERNATIONAL takes a life cycle approach tailored for each client, offering ESD as well as other ESG principles that organizations, buildings owners and its occupants can utilise for a more sustainable and environmentally friendly environment.
By considering ESD during the early design stages benefits include:
- Integrated design approach
- Reduced operations costs
- Reduced energy consumption
- Reduced water consumption
- Reduced waste during construction and operations
- Improved amenity and liveability
- Improved indoor environmental quality
- Marketing of the Green Rating system (e.g: Green Mark, LEED)